Saturday, March 12, 2022

Personal effort

 Personal effort


About three weeks ago I had this image.

I was standing and in front of me lay a running path. The running path was shining, bright and very welcoming. I felt very ready to start sprinting immediately. Cause I knew where that running path would take me and I was eager to get there. As I was warming up I turned my head. And as I turned my head I saw myself standing at a small white counter waiting in flip flops. I felt a little impatient cause the other me is still in flip flops and I had to wait for the other me to be ready to join.

Suddenly I was the other me waiting at the white little counter wearing flip flops. And I felt anxious cause I was waiting at the counter for my running shoes and it was taking too long. I looked down and I could feel my feet in the flip flops. I looked up and was aware of the other me waiting for me to get my running shoes. I was little nervous cause I wasn’t ready yet and I needed to go join the other me to start running together. And even if I wanted to go to the other me now I knew in that moment I couldn’t cause I wouldn’t be able to make the sprint in flip flops on the running path, so I needed my running shoes to join.

As I was thinking this morning about personal effort I remembered this image. As you know the soul is ready and eager to finish its mission. The soul knows what’s waiting at the end of the running path. The body on the other hand needs to get ready to join the soul. I see the image of the white little counter representing the body using the three pillars of the school, study practice and apply, in the material world to work towards enlightenment, so that the body is able to join the soul. The shoes symbolize our hidden abilities and capacities. Without personal effort you won’t get your shoes.

Our beloved master did sacrifice a lot so that today we have all the techniques to heal, transform and create. All we have to do now is make personal effort to keep and use. How else are we going to get there? Getting there is a process. We need to have courage and be persistent. Like an athlete we need to get ready and train, do our utmost effort. Strengthening our mind. Cause the soul is ready to sprint. It’s the body that needs to catch up. Make the time to meditate daily and regularly to help the body. Pick-up your practice and application. In doing so your body will reach enlightenment and you will make your soul very happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

உன்னை நீயே கவனி

உன்னை நீயே கவனி ஒரு மன்னரின் ரதம் இமயமலை நோக்கி சென்று கொண்டிருந்தது. வாழ்வை வெறுத்த அவருக்கு தற்கொலை எண்ணம் அதிகரித்தது. வழியில் ஒரு மனிதர்...